Building, establishing, or even acquiring a construction company in France requires a large amount of professional counseling and guidance.
The intervention of a French lawyer experienced in the field of construction is essential in order to optimize and secure the various operations of your project, as only they are aware of and have mastered the administrative and legal obstacles linked to this sector of activity.
The role of an attorney experienced in the field of real estate and construction is to advise you in dealing with the different interlocutors of the operation at hand and to resolve any difficulties that are specific to the French market and culture.
The following are the main issues you will have to face:
- Those related to the contract signed between you and the architect: the latter will often try to limit his contractual responsibility,
- Those created when confronting the French bureaucracy (“Mairie, DDE, Batiments de France...”), namely when asking for a demolition permit, permit to divide into lots, building permit...
- Those related to disputes with construction companies,
- Those linked to responsibility issues stemming from the application of the French law on subcontracting,
- Those generated by construction costs as well as by guaranties offered by the different interveners - difficulties linked to the nature of some public work contracts in certain construction markets,
- The underlying risks when contracting for the acquisition of real estate.
These are just several examples among many: taxation, social aspects, or the management of the company which will be created or purchased, are other problematic aspects which deserve and require consideration.
Picovschi Law Firm, which possesses an absolute knowledge of the culture of its country and a solid experience of pleadings before the court as well as in litigation proceedings, is qualified to counsel and assist your company in its pursuit of success.